Welcome
Site best viewed in IE 1024x768.

Wanderwind

Profile



This site is entirely designed by myself, skin, text and music



Guide me



Recent updates
SG Week
Sleepless in Macau
Frozen in Time
Abyss or Light?
Karaoke
Cooking!
Some Updates...
Chess
The Monster without a Name
A bit about Me


Archives
February 2005
March 2005
May 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
May 2009
October 2009
August 2010


Links
  • Woon Jiun
  • Woon Wei 1
  • Woon Wei 2
  • Xiu Ying
  • CC
  • Pei Weng 1
  • Pei Weng 2
  • Ben Lee
  • Alan Tham
  • Charlene
  • Sheila
  • Hong Da
  • Wilson Low
  • Hui Ying
  • Nicholas
  • Zhi Quan
  • Serene Yeo
  • Li Qian Hui
  • Transformation
    Sunday, June 29, 2008

    I know this is a double post within 24 hours, but I do feel the need to articulate these thoughts before they drift back into the ether.

    Glad to have made the extra journey out in the night to meet an old friend I had not met in 6 months, the only person who truly shares my philosophical side. Sorry to this brother if I have misunderstood you back in April.

    Apart from sharing little thoughts and ideas about business, entrepreneurship and development, the main crux of the take-home gift landed with a concrete realization that I had finally, fully made the shift from light to dark.

    Ever since I entered the business world, I had always spent my personal space and time in conflict between the desire to make a name and the virtue to live without one (for those who do not understand, refer to my earlier post “The Monster without a Name”). I lamented over the fact that evil won the war a long time ago, and the world is now perpetuated by the evil lords and their minions. I refused to join the dark side, for as long as I could remember, and lived in constant danger of being trampled by them.

    Recently, knowingly or not, I have made the choice to join them, and have since become somebody I would look at and despise in the past. I had the hunch this transition was in process, and rejected a possibly better relationship option than the most-blissful-days-of-my-life with my ex-wife. Today, during the family meeting, I realized I was the only one not shedding tears to the touching words and kindness of family, and over the conversation with my friend after midnight, it seems that I am no longer able to sympathize with the good.

    In fact, perhaps good did not exist to begin with, and there was only evil. Then again, evil would not be evil, but nothing. The decision to create good stemmed from the decision to create god, a wisest decision by Solomon that ensured the teeming masses’ destiny to lift the elite few upon their shoulders. The good would see poverty as a virtue, and continually surround themselves with other poor people, so the rich and evil can continue to rule the world under the pretence of the good they have created.

    I do think I am too good (in the sense of good and evil), for my own good, and this inner conflict have cost me more than I could ever keep count. Somehow, even if the transformation feels complete, I know somewhere inside me that little ounce of good is not removed, and for that I will probably pay another hefty price.



    Battling Randomness @12:00 PM
    Link to post | 0 said something


    ***


    Kitchen Cabinets
    Kitchen Cabinets