
| Wanderwind | |
![]() |
In a frank and fruitful sharing session with a close friend yesterday, we spoke of the topic of “the missing piece”, the one thing I was seeking that I felt instinctively missing, that would help to push the current achievements to greater heights. It’s not as if the result now is less than par, but perhaps just that I wanted more.
It also occurred to me, in a rather abrupt manner, that I have been seeing people as digits. Perhaps I have held too close to my heart the rule which tells us to trust only those we need not trust. My expansive viewpoints gathered from the wide reading variety has also placed themselves beyond my current state, resulting in perspectives far exceeding personal achievement.
When stuck at a chokepoint, I usually practice zooming out to grasp the big picture. The detachment acquired from taking business and life as a game has also resulted in the total lack of emotional understanding when making decisions, consequentially leading me to certain rather ruthless actions. In mandarin, it is known commonly as “Bu4 Zhe2 Shou3 Duan4”.
In fact, I seem to have come to the point where I see everything as a resource. Perhaps this is one thing I really lack. My actions do not carry life in them. Time for reflection and improvement.