I recently spied my two younger brothers playing this game called "Sims 2", and in my little curiousity to uncover the hypnotic secrets to the game, I made a mild attempt to start playing it myself, and walla! I have come to the conclusion that this is the most sicko, disgusting software creation, ugh!
For those unfamiliar with the setup of the game, I shall provide some insight as to how the game is operated, here goes:
This game allows you to create and run characters to your liking, dictate their looks and dress code, and operate them to working in a regular virtual society, decide on their marriage and death and stuff like that.
However, the game interface does not allow any "out-of-the-box" actions, meaning to say your character can only undertake the path of a normal civilian. Your character will find a job and tart working day in day out, while you will have to operate that routine of waking up > brush the teeth > go to work > come back and slack in front of the TV set > sleep >wake up the next day, and be thrilled when you character earns enough money to buy a home accessory.
What kind of FUCK game is this!!! Have we not had enough of this mundane day in day out routines in our reals lives? Must the creators of this game continue to perpetuate the sadness of reality in the minds of the not-so-cynical-yet younger population of the world? Are you trying to teach our children that getting a new sofa after a months routine work is really something worth an orgasm?
I walk over to my brother at the other computer and he seems rather pleased at the new flower pots he added to his character's house. He doesn't get bored running the routines and seeing the characters do the same thing over and over again. At this sight, I am stupified...
We are the citizens of a bloody first world nation! Why is it our innermost desires (I believe such games reflect to a very accurate extent our innermost desires and cravings) still revolve around the last 2 tresholds of Maslow's Hierachy of Needs? - Subsistence and Stability. What happened to Social Needs, Self Esteem and Self Actualisation? I truly marvel at the way this socity continues to beat in monotone.
Is this why people go clubbing? To hear a beat slightly different from that miserable one they play in their real lives? Wait! They don't feel routines are suffocating, not as long as they get a few candies from Life once in a while.
Well but then again, if i were to look on the brighter side of things, if these monotone lovers were all somehow gone, who would be doing the menial jobs? who would be filling out all the bhoring posts so that those who seek more could do so without worry of clean roads and safe streets.
Oh thank you! Thank you all so much! SMOOCH! (In a Jim-Carrey-In-The-Mask constipated grin)